When compared to the previous month, Ethereum miners made 27.2 percent less money in May. In April month Ethereum miners generated a total of $969.4 million in revenue.
The majority of these funds came from the block subsidy ($888.95 million), with a small amount from transaction fees ($80.46 million) and uncle rewards ($41.2 million) rounding out the total.
As per the data from block research
- Total adjusted on-chain volume decreased by 5.9%, to $782 billion.
- A total of 198,122 Ethereum, equivalent to $480 million, was burned.
- The monthly volume of NFT marketplaces on Ethereum decreased by 32.6% to $4.85 billion.
- Centralized exchange spot trading volumes increased strongly by 19.6% to $830.4 billion.
- FTX came in 2nd for the first time in CEX spot trading volume, ahead of Coinbase, with a share of 10.8%.
- Derivatives presented a mixed bag, with open interest declining for futures but increasing for options, and trading volumes up across the board.
In May, Ethereum transaction fees accounted for about 5.6 percent of total revenue. In May, Ethereum miners made about 1.08 times more money than Bitcoin miners.
For news related to cryptocurrency, NFT, stable coins, and other crypto-related topics, Please follow our crypto news section. For More Finance Related News Such As IPO, Stock markets, Please Follow Our Finance News Section